What I promise
1) I don’t want to be a career politician, and I will not serve any longer than it takes to assume a senior committee position and make significant changes. My goal, with hard work and alliance building, is to accomplish these changes within 6 years, as I indicated on my ballot statement. If it takes longer to achieve these goals, I will consult my constituents to see if they want me to remain in office for a little longer, but under no circumstances will I serve longer than 10 years. The people need fresh ideas, stronger voices and new energy – career politicians offer none of these things.
2) Congress has exempted itself from Obamacare. I will join with Senator David Vitter of Louisiana to remove this exemption. If it’s good enough for us it should be good enough for Congress. I want change in our healthcare system and this will help us get it.
Enterprise Record Editorial Debunks LaMalfa’s Claims about Joe Montes.
Who is Joe Montes?
Joe is a business development specialist, attorney, and experienced senior executive in Chico. He served his community as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney and as a former Washington (state) Administrative Law Judge.
Joe has a proven ability to build common ground to bring divided parties together —without abandoning his principles. He is well-known for his innovative decision-making, efficiency and leadership.
Joe serves on various community boards and committees. He cares deeply about children and is a strong supporter of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley. He is a founding member and judge of the Chico Youth Court, a diversion program designed to guide juvenile offenders away from crime and destructive behavior, and bring accountability and change to their lives.
Joe and his wife, Cindy, are the proud “parents” of Alexander and MagPie, their two rescue cats.
Joe is the General Manager of AAA Properties, a Chico-based property management firm with residential and commercial properties located primarily in Chico and the surrounding area. He also has oversight authority over the Hotel Diamond and other properties owned by Wayne Cook. Joe is also a former executive with Judicial Arbitration & Mediation Services (JAMS), the nation’s largest for-profit arbitration and mediation firm. While with JAMS, he specialized in judicial recruitment, market acquisition and business development.
Joe is a veteran. He served in both the California Air National Guard and the Army National Guard. He is a graduate of the California Military Academy and has been a member of the American Legion for more than 20 years.
Joe graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies from California State University, Sacramento. He is a graduate of the California Military Academy, and received his Juris Doctor degree from UCLA School of Law.
Honors and Distinctions:
- Founding Member and Judge – Chico Youth Court
- Founding Board Member – Stairways Programming
- Board Member – Downtown Chico Business Association
- Member – Washington State Bar Association
- Member and former Province President – Phi Delta Phi International Legal Society
- Member – Golden Key National Honor Society, CSU, Sacramento
- Former Board Member – Washington Administrative Law Judge’s Association
- Former Board Member – Farmers Political Action Committee
- International Directory of Distinguished Leadership
- Honored Member of the American Registry of Outstanding Professionals
- International Who’s Who of Entrepreneurs
- National Who’s Who of Business Leaders